Wednesday 12 January 2011

Introducing to you....

I don’t know why, maybe because I’ve “gone native” and can’t seem to observe anything around me anymore that I think other people would find interesting to read about, or maybe because I have become very lazy... or maybe  too busy?!  Regardless of the reason - I have been a lousy blogger for the last couple of months. But, with the new year comes a fresh start and I'll begin my new life as a better blogger by introducing you to some of my colleagues at Mama FM. I’m starting off with Olive Mutesi, one of the ladies whom I worked closest with and learned the most from at Mama FM. We worked together on preparing two radio programs in November during the 16 days of activism against gender violence-campaign (yes, I have been on air in Uganda:-). The first program was on gender based violence and HIV/AIDS, the second one on gender based violence and elections. Normally though, Olive works with the English news at Mama FM. She produces, edits and reads the headlines at 10 am, a full bulletin at 11 am and another full bulletin at 14 pm. It's quite a big job, and she does it very well! Olive has a diploma in journalism from United media Consultants and Trainers (UMCAT) and has worked with radio for almost four years. She first started out in Touch FM 95,9 in 2007 and came to Mama FM in July last year. In the future she wants to move into television and get more experience with video editing.

 








No comments:

Post a Comment