Friday 12 November 2010

Why I love being a journalist

Last Thursday I was introduced to a young ugandan lady called Tshila. Tshila is a computer engineer – but since 2005 she has spent most her time composing and performing music. Last Thursday I saw her perform at the Emin Pasha in Kampala and decided that I wanted to make a feature about her and her music for the program Jungeltelegrafen on NRK P2.

Since then I’ve spent some time with her and her friends  and I’ve been reminded why I love being a journalist. I love my job because it introduces me to people that I wouldn’t normally meet and puts me in situations I wouldn’t normally be in. Like on Wednesday when I spent two hours in a tiny appartment in Mengo listening to Tshila and her fellow musicians as they were rehearsing for another concert.













2 comments: